Tuesday 26 May 2009

End of Term

So everything has finished at school: no more classes, no more train rides to Nallasopara and no more children. I feel very sad.

Its been a really busy last few weeks. Straight after exams we went away to the water park, then we had sports day (my team came last, I was very unimpressed) and since then we've been rehearsing songs, plays and dances for the end of term programme. We had one programme in Nallasopara on Friday and the Khar one on Saturday. In between all that we've been desperately trying to finish off all the little jobs and bits and bobs around the office before we leave. Its been pretty frantic. I feels very strange to not have anything to do and to just have to hand all your work over to someone else. I hope it will all work out with the new volunteers. We also got to go on a home visit and see some of the kids in their houses in the slum. It was lovely, we all go offered chai and got to have a chat with the parents and everything. It was a lot like slumdog millionaire, which everyone has probably seen, so I won't go in to details. But it was Amazing.

The End of Term Programme ended up being really fun. We stayed up super late on Thursday night making masks and backdrops for all the performances. Then dragged them all to Nallasopara on the train only for the programme to go quite disasterously. We were quite downhearted. But then the Saturday Khar Programme ended up being awesome so we were very happy in the end. Lu's costumes looked brilliant, Vikki ended up taking on a star role in one of the little kids plays and I managed to get the ADD-tastic Step 3s through 2 verses of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". We also re-wrote The Ting Tings 'That not my name" and taught it to the Step 5s. They were awesome. I have a video!

But now its all over and there's nothing left to do but sleep, so I'm going home to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment