Tuesday 21 April 2009

For Grandad

On Sunday my Grandad died. He just celebrated his 90th birthday. It has been a hard couple of days, thankfully exams and having a mountain of children screaming around you are a good distraction from the sadness. I've had a lot of emotional phone calls with home. I feel very helpless being so far away. I love him and miss him terribly.

I never really knew my Grandad, but I think I understood him as person. I will miss him watching over me as I made a mess of mowing the lawn, the gleeful look on his face whenever he got a big score playing dominos, the way he used to sneak into the back room to listen to the racing results and seeing him waiting by the gate whenever we went to visit.

He was wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Beccaroo. Hope you are feeling ok xxx

    ReplyDelete