Monday 9 February 2009

Things to help me not die in India


Here is a selection of the pills I am taking to India. For anyone counting I have over 100 Malaria tablets (on one day I get to take 4!), 64 Paracetamol caplets, 42 diarrhoea relief pills and a selection of allergy/insect/rehydration treatments. I'm one more injection away from Hep A and B protection but have left myself wildly open for contracting cholera by refusing to pay for 80 pounds for the vaccine. 

But I don't have a visa yet. I'm refusing to panic about this until Thursday. On Thursday I will panic and call the expensive visa hotline and try tears and bribery to get my visa. 

The visa office also has my passport. So there's a good chance next tuesday may roll around and I'll have one plane ticket to India, one rucksack full of medication and no legal way of entering the country. But like I said, I'm not panicking about this until Thursday.

If it all goes horribly wrong I can always open a pharmacy! 

1 comment:

  1. dont get cholera!! (thought that was eradicated??)
    if u get cholera i cant live vicariously thru u, so work on that!!! be safe!! xx
    love lindsay

    ReplyDelete